Zach is an usher and a greeter at New Life. He coaches basketball and baseball at Christian Heritage School. He has been at New Life for 4 years.
1. What is underneath the beard?
I don’t know. It’s been so long since I haven’t had one. I have had it since I was 16.
2. Any meal that you can have, what would it be?
Chicken parm and rigatoni. And garlic bread. With meat sauce. It has to be super thin chicken cutlets.
3. Earliest memory of experience you have had with playing baseball?
Going to the Legends game at Yankee Stadium with my dad when I was 8-years-old.
4. What brought you to New Life?
An ex girlfriend
5. What do you enjoy most about coaching?
It is what the kids teach me. The kids at CHS are unbelievable. I learn a lot from them.
6. What is your dream job?
A phys ed teacher and a coach. I am halfway there!
Amber recently got baptized at New Life. She has lived in four different states in the last five years. She has been at New Life for less than a year.
1. What was your first tattoo?
The feathers on my wrist. I was 18 years old when I got it. My family is part Native American. I love being out in nature.
2. What is one thing you wish everyone knew about you but probably don’t?
I struggled with anxiety my whole life. Sometimes when I really want to be outgoing towards someone it always comes across that way because I have a hard time with that.
3. Who is your favorite country music artist?
Florida Georgia Line
4. What is the most interesting place you have lived and why?
It is a toss up. When I was 18 I moved from Connecticut to Alabama. I grew up in New England so my family is very tolerant of differences like age, race, etc. When you move to the deep south where it is very conservative and I had never been to church before, being exposed to the culture down there was interesting. Especially the football culture. In my life that was probably the most interesting because I learned the most.
5. As a veterinarian tech, what kind of reaction do you get when you tell people what you do?
Most of the time people think it is really cool. They are either impressed or want to know more about it. I think that is the anesthesia part of it. I do basically the same job with the support of a critical care doctor.
6. Do you have any interesting human tricks?
I can do waves with my tongue.