Richard is a missionary in Haiti. He has come from a long heritage of missionaries. He and his wife Kelly have been married for 31 years. They have two daughters Shea (he built a church in front of Shea Stadium) and Morgan.
1. How did you and Pastor Andy meet each other?
Here at the guesthouse. Pastor Andy came down here in August 2012. He told me that he is a children’s pastor. So I asked him why he was down here because he was not able to help me!
2. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Grub worm in Peru (close second was monkey brains and guinea pig)
3. How many countries have you been to for missions work?
13 countries in 30 years
4. If you could go to one place that you have never been, where would it be?
That’s easy. The Holy Lands in Israel. My best friend is a missionary in Jerusalem.
5. Where did you meet your wife Kelly?
We have known each other since kindergarten. We went on our first date when we were 12. We went rollerskating. When we got married our first grade teacher gave us a picture of Kelly and me kissing in the coat closet. My older brother is married to her older sister.
6. Is there one place or building that has stood out more than any others for all of the mission work that you have done?
We built a very nice church in a very demonic city in Mexico. We dedicated the building on the Day of the Dead, where it had originated. The pastor of the church asked to lead the parade, which resulted in 500 people being saved that day!